Saturday, December 09, 2006





Oh, what a Day!
To say that today's Sweetpeas and Snapshots Holiday Sale & Soiree was a success, that would be an understatement! So many old and new friends came by to toast, shop and hug that by the end of the day, we were ALL exhausted (but in a good way!) I will totally post a bunch of cool photos on Monday from the fabulous Linda Woods' free Spirit House workshop, and of my favorite guest ringer, Erin Foley. She sure worked her little fingers off today! The pictures above show my own delicious carrot cake (which was so rich, it mysteriously sprouted a real carrot overnight!), Holly, Linda and myself, and Mary's vintage Sweetpeas truck.
To see so many people from the "artgangla" yahoo group was really cool; it is always a pleasure to talk to the friends I usually only get to just visually visit via posts. It was also a treat to have a visit from designer Amy Tangerine, who agreed to lead another workshop on February 10th. If you haven't yet seen them, you will just love her embroidered tees.
Linda's student's Spirit Houses each came out marvellous, each unique and personal with rich tones and celebrations of individual expression (remember, I will post pics on the Sweetpeas blog on Monday.) We sold a bunch of Linda's book, Visual Chronicles, and her t-shirts were a hit as well. Take a peek at Rosie O'Donnell's website to see Linda's latest "tee-sign" (all profits benefitting Rosie's For All Kids Foundation.)
After we closed up for the night, Erin, Holly, Alice & her son, Sabrina & her mom, Harmony (who joined us) and I went to Billingley's Restaurant for dinner. I thought I would behave and just ordered the broiled chicken breast with rice pilaf (NOT the salad with green goddess dressing,) but I suppose the two Grey Goose apple martinis ruined my day's diet (that with the carrot cake totally put me out of the good girl range today!) Tomorrow, however, is another day.

No comments: