Sunday, December 31, 2006



The Ride Home

We were able to get out of the house by 8:15 (I like to get an early start.) The girls wanted to stop for breakfast at the Madonna Inn (San Luis Obispo) and we made it there in no time flat. If you're ever up there, you should really check it our (we went there on our honeymoon, as did my mom & dad on theirs)...each room is decorated with a different theme, and their restaurant is fabulous.
Heading south from there, we stopped in Solvang for our usual rounds. Though bitterly cold, we managed to visit everywhere on our list. The miniature horses weren't very playful today (too cold, I guess) but we had a fun time anyway. We had a clear ride home; not even a delay in Santa Barbara, where there always seems to be a bottleneck near the zoo. I don't think I've ever made such good time coming home.
I dropped off Donna & Izze, and picked up Harmony (she missed us!) We had a quick lunch at Bread & Porridge in Santa Monica (saw Bonnie Hunt eating at the next table) then went on a few errands. I took Harm home (she has a big party tonight in Venice) and went home for a deep-conditioning hair treatment.
I don't really like to go out on New Year's eve (crazy drivers) so we are in for the night!

Hope you all have a wonderful, safe evening...Happy New Year!!!



No comments: