Sunday, February 18, 2007

Thanks, Sista!

Donna bought me this new Le Sports Sac Tokidoki purse to take a moment of stress away.
It worked for a few seconds, and then gave me bursts of pleasure throughout the day. I love my sister.

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday, so after visiting Gary at the hospital, I spent the rest of the day with Elliot. I took him to Floyd's Barbershop on Melrose, where he got a trim. I felt the dire need to have them cut off my hair, but stopped short of pulling a Brittney.


I haven't had short hair since I was in elementary school, and I have to say, it is very cathartic. I feel so unburdened.

We met up with Donna, who had arranged a birthday dinner for Elliot at "our" Golden Dragon restaurant in Chinatown. It was cool to have dinner in Chinatown on Chinese New Year.
Elliot's best friend, Errol, came with us, and Donna bought smoke bombs, sprite bombs, and other fun noise-makers. There were fireworks going off everywhere and celebration held sway.



Gary is mostly off the I.V.'s, but is still having issues with controlling the blood sugar. We'll know more about that tomorrow. He was just really glad to see the kids this evening (they had spent the night at my mom's house and the day at Ben's show in Thousand Oaks.)

Glad to be home. Long Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You look great with shorter hair! A new hairstyle and a new purse can work miracles on a frazzled spirit.