Tuesday, February 27, 2007



Coptic Stitch
Here's a Coptic-stitched mini-journal I sewed together using gift wrap and PVA glue to cover the chip board. I added the Swarovski crystals with Diamond Glaze, and used waxed linen thread available at Sweetpeas and Snapshots (with a single, curved needle also available at the shop.) I added my own signature-signature covers to each signature (grouping of pages in the real world) to bring visual continuity and beauty to the open pages. The pages in this book are made of regular copy paper; there is no rule saying you need to use expensive paper inside!


Want to learn to make your own? Give me a call at the shop (310.479.2444), all you need is forty dollars and two hours. I call it my Kamakazi Coptic class.
The single curved needle method was taught to me by master book artist Jeannine Stein, who allows me to share this knowledge & skill with others (I feel the need to give credit where credit is due however. She is the best.)






Speaking of book arts, I am still planning to get this fore-edge painting thing going. I bought the special press from Martin Frost in England, studied up on it; now I just need the time to test my talent. I'll let you know when I get around to it.

2 comments:

amytangerine said...

i love this book- sign me up for the class!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I love this book and the paper!