Wednesday, February 21, 2007


Phases
I don't know about you, but I go through distinct food phases. I'm still deep in the diet Sunkist jag (going on my third year) and my well publicized Tab phase lasted well over four years. This week started the new Fuji apple fest. Allie and Ben have hopped on the fruit train with me (thankfully) and are crunching away at an impressive rate. The apples are a natural compliment to my on-going Laura Scudder's Organic Peanut Butter addiction (a teaspoon nightly, Jenny approved.)
We of course have some personal issues with these babies; Allie and I will only eat them sliced up (Ben doesn't mind biting right in) and we won't suffer any bruises. Allie likes to squeeze a little lemon over them, as we can't abide any browning (I eat mine too quickly to have to deal with that aspect) and napkins are mandatory on the side.
Yesterday I happened upon a strange variety: the "Grapple"; a strange combination of grape and apple that just seems wrong. Ben told me it tasted like Dimetapp (his cold medicine of choice)...he was quite right. He also told me that they've come up with a Banapple, but I think that's just a strange Snapple creation.
We'll see how long this phase lasts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God. I have been on a Fuji apple kick for four years now. It is the best apple, EVER! So good with peanut butter, casher butter, cheese, nutella. Just thinking about it makes me drool.
I am glad you discovered the fuji, too.