Sunday, January 21, 2007


I've been a busy girl.
Just how much can a girl do in a day? More than I ever imagined. I did not think that I would be able to get over to the California Gift Show this time around. I had tried to get into the Mart on Friday morning, but the lots were all full and we weren't in the mood to shuttle. I couldn't get it out of my head, however, and convinced Donna and Harmony to go to the Convention Center today (like I really had to twist their arms!)
I have to say, the offerings were pretty bleak; it took a lot of ferreting to find these few exceptional items.
First, there were these shadow boxes made from weathered windows, backed in a gloriously textured
fabric. The very best thing about these babies are that the included pins are not the usual pearl-tippers, rather they are pins that LOOK LIKE TINY BIRD EGGS!!! I didn't have a tape measure with me, but each pane is pretty darn close to a 12x12 space. The piece will hang from a regular hook or nail by way of a chain at the top. I can't wait for them to get in; knowing this company, it will probably be 4-6 weeks (you know I'll post when they arrive at the shop!)

The same booth provided more of the shadow box frames that we had received last fall. We had wanted to get more in for the holidays, but the distressed white ones were all gone. Thank goodness they will be getting another boatload full in again. The last time I went to Anthropologie, I saw the exact same shadow box frames on display...at twice what we were selling them for!

Next up, altered-style mannequins with birds (such a dominant theme everywhere it seems...) and delightful glass bell-topped display pieces.


I hope all of these items make it through the booth's ordering system. Sometimes they don't get large enough orders on some selections for them to justify production. I am pretty confident that these stand-outs should make the cut!



















No comments: