Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I hear music
All around me.
Last night the kids had their "Taste of Broadway" performance; the last of the sememster, the final session ever for Ben, who had participated in every workshop since it's inception. The instructor, Jenny Gordon, took a moment during the show as an homage to my son (very touching) then we sat back to hear some solos. One Day More (Les Miserables,) and Do you love me? (Fiddler on the roof) stood out, but an Our Time (Merrily we roll along) medley brought down the house. That piece was presented as a brother/sister act, with little Allie belting it out right there with Broadway-boy. This was a total goose-bump moment.
Ben will be working after school next semester as a T.A. for the Broadway class; community service credit never sounded so good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh if only my kids could sing! (no thanks to me and my tone deaf husband!) How wonderful it all sounds...

Helle Greer said...

WTG Ben!!!
Wish I could have heard that brother/sister act.
Must have been a proud Mommy moment.
Hugs,
helle

Unknown said...

How WONDERFUL!
you shoudl be SO PROUD, Mama!

Dede Warren said...

You deserve to be so proud of these two amazing children you're raising, no small feat considering the times we live in. Bravo and kudo's to you for your dedication to these two special kids.